ProZ.com pages only partially translated? (STAFF: Site localization an ongoing process)
Thread poster: golf264
golf264
golf264  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 27, 2015

Proz.com pages are only partially translated

Why is only one part (about half in my opinion) of the site pages translated but not the other?

I do not know if this is true for most languages, but in my interface language (Dutch) is that the case.

I just find it weird, in my view, if you start a job, you must finish it completely and do not deliver half-baked work.

Why is this so? Can someone explain this?

I have included an example
... See more
Proz.com pages are only partially translated

Why is only one part (about half in my opinion) of the site pages translated but not the other?

I do not know if this is true for most languages, but in my interface language (Dutch) is that the case.

I just find it weird, in my view, if you start a job, you must finish it completely and do not deliver half-baked work.

Why is this so? Can someone explain this?

I have included an example Paint of one proz.com page.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Site localization is an ongoing process Jul 27, 2015

Dear golf264,

I take this opportunity to explain why some words or phrases may appear in English on an already localized page. Some of the content of the site is not static, some information is updated and even new content is added to some pages. Localization teams can only localize the content which has been made localizable by developers, so it may be the case that the content on a page was made localizable at a given point and later the same page was modified and new content was
... See more
Dear golf264,

I take this opportunity to explain why some words or phrases may appear in English on an already localized page. Some of the content of the site is not static, some information is updated and even new content is added to some pages. Localization teams can only localize the content which has been made localizable by developers, so it may be the case that the content on a page was made localizable at a given point and later the same page was modified and new content was added which was not in turn added to the localization interface. So this is why the localization team members have no way of adding the translation of the term until the new strings are added to the localization interface.

There are plans to make this content localizable in the future. When this new content is added the localization team will localize it.

Romina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com pages only partially translated? (STAFF: Site localization an ongoing process)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »