Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Shankaran Viswanathan
Shankaran Viswanathan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:20
French to English
+ ...
Studio 2011 Dec 1, 2011

Please clarify whether this new plug-in works with Studio 2011.

Thanks in advance

Vishwa
Dehradun
India

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:50
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
2011 Dec 1, 2011

Hi Shankaran

I've just spent a while trying to use this app in Trados Studio 2011 but saw no option to add MT Enhanced using Google Translate as a TM server, so tried to open it in Studio 2009 and the option does show up there. So, like you, I would ask Patrick "Do you have plans to make it available for Studio 2011?" I'm guessing and hoping you do.

Seems like a great app and I hope to be able to use it in Studio 2011.

Cheers!

Rich

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!! Dec 1, 2011

Thank you so much, Patrick!!!

Patrick Porter wrote:

I have just today submitted my 3rd-party plugin to SDL for review. As soon as it is approved it will be available for download via the OpenExchange site. It will be called "MT Enhanced using Google Translate". Here are the features:

- Allows input of Google API v2 key

- Does not re-send translated segments: only sends segments with a "Not Translated" segment status; conveniently navigate through your document or review it without worrying about increasing your Google character usage.

- Option to redact sensitive text: the ability to link to a list (.txt file) of words, names, or other phrases to be excluded from the text sent to Google (replaced with *****); the current version is limited to 5 phrases, 50 characters each

- Text-only option: gives you the option of sending and receiving text only, and no tags

Right now, I have only tested it on Studio 2009. I am not sure how long the SDL review process takes but will post an update once it is approved.

[Edited at 2011-11-29 13:34 GMT]

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 15:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
2011 version, Norwegian language support Dec 1, 2011

I hope to submit a version supporting both Studio 2011 and 2009, as well as a fix for supporting Norwegian, some time next week.

[Edited at 2011-12-01 13:52 GMT]

Erik Matson
Erik Matson  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:50
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Looking forward to your fix Dec 4, 2011

Patrick Porter wrote:

I hope to submit a version supporting both Studio 2011 and 2009, as well as a fix for supporting Norwegian, some time next week.

[Edited at 2011-12-01 13:52 GMT]

Hi Patrick,

Great work so far - can't wait for your latest version with support for Norwegian. I Knowledge of many other linguists also looking forward to it. Keep it up!

Rain Na Bun
Rain Na Bun
Thailand
English to Thai
Google translate in Trados 2011 Dec 4, 2011

I use Trados Studio 2011.

I got the API key since November 29. The billing is 0.00 USD.
There is the message 'An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider Google Translate: The remote server returned an error (403) forbidden.'

What should I do?

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Got the same problem... Dec 5, 2011

Rain Na Bun wrote:

I use Trados Studio 2011.

I got the API key since November 29. The billing is 0.00 USD.
There is the message 'An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider Google Translate: The remote server returned an error (403) forbidden.'

What should I do?

A.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Settings Dec 6, 2011

Hi both,

Please make sure you upgraded your Studio 2011 using AutoUpdate and have the latest CU. Once you have this, you need to enter the Google API Key in the Google translate settings in Studio.

Best Regards,
Luis

Andrzej Lejman
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Done from the very beginnig Dec 6, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Hi both,

Please make sure you upgraded your Studio 2011 using AutoUpdate and have the latest CU. Once you have this, you need to enter the Google API Key in the Google translate settings in Studio.

Best Regards,
Luis

and still no effect.

Regards

A.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe double check that... Dec 6, 2011

... you have enabled billing in your Google Account. I did this first and thought I had already enabled billing but as I also got this error I went through all the checks and found that billing was somehow not enabled... probably user error on my part. I enabled it and then all was well.

Whether it is enabled or not it still says 0.00 dollars and you do get your API key so this does have to be done.

Regards

Paul

Rain Na Bun
Rain Na Bun
Thailand
English to Thai
still got the message. Dec 6, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

... you have enabled billing in your Google Account. I did this first and thought I had already enabled billing but as I also got this error I went through all the checks and found that billing was somehow not enabled... probably user error on my part. I enabled it and then all was well.

Whether it is enabled or not it still says 0.00 dollars and you do get your API key so this does have to be done.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Ive just installed Studio 2011 last month.
I've already enabled the API
The message 'Item
google APIs - Enable automatic monthly billing for project: ......
You will be automatically charged at the end of each monthly billing cycle.'

There is still the same message of ' 'An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider Google Translate: The remote server returned an error (403) forbidden.'

What should I do?

What are AutoUpdate and latest CU.?

Thank you very much.

[Edited at 2011-12-06 16:52 GMT]

Andrzej Lejman
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Bingo! Dec 6, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Regards

Paul

Thank you very much. I have never used paid services of Google so I didn't know the procedure.

best regards

A.

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 15:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
New plug-in version released Dec 9, 2011

I have just released a new version of my plugin with support for Studio 2011 and a bug fix for Norwegian. So as not to go too far from the topic of this thread, I have started a new thread with a link to the new application: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/213830-new_studio_2009_plug_in_for_google_translate_api_v2.html

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
OpenExchange Webinar Day Dec 9, 2011

Really good to see this Patrick.

Just to add to this thread a little... Patrick and other OpenExchange developers will be presenting their applications on an OpenExchange Virtual Conference on Monday 12 December. So if you are interested you can register here:

SDL OpenExchange Virtual Conference 2011 : http://bit.ly/vfbE6p

Regards

Paul

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:50
English to Dutch
+ ...
Google Translate in SDL Studio 2009 "the object reference is not set to an instance of the object" Dec 15, 2011

After using Fiddler as a workaround succesfully for a little while, I now get the dreaded "the object reference is not set to an instance of the object" (actually in German, so "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt") message. I was hoping Patrick's patch would help, but alas it remains the same: Google Translate won't work anymore, despite of my account be activated. It works fine in MemoQ, so it must be something in SDL Studio 2009 I'm using, but what?

An
... See more
After using Fiddler as a workaround succesfully for a little while, I now get the dreaded "the object reference is not set to an instance of the object" (actually in German, so "Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt") message. I was hoping Patrick's patch would help, but alas it remains the same: Google Translate won't work anymore, despite of my account be activated. It works fine in MemoQ, so it must be something in SDL Studio 2009 I'm using, but what?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translator not working in Studio

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »