Thread poster: Ülle Allsalu
Ülle Allsalu
Ülle Allsalu
Local time: 18:06
English to Estonian
+ ...
Jul 25, 2013

Hi again everyone!

I have created an input model for entering terms into my new termbase.

PROBLEM: nested fields are not displayed when I want to add a new entry.

To be more precise, I have created a definition field under the Index-level, and a definition source field directly under the definition field.

I have also created a context field under the term level, and a context source field directly under the context field.

None of
... See more
Hi again everyone!

I have created an input model for entering terms into my new termbase.

PROBLEM: nested fields are not displayed when I want to add a new entry.

To be more precise, I have created a definition field under the Index-level, and a definition source field directly under the definition field.

I have also created a context field under the term level, and a context source field directly under the context field.

None of the two source fields are displayed. I have tried using all available layouts but it makes no difference.

Can anyone help me please?

Ülle
Collapse

Japotrad
Japotrad  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:06
Japanese to French
+ ...
Define and activate a layout where you manually insert source under context/definition field. Jan 27, 2015

Trying to define a TBX-Basic-like termbase, I have run into the same problem as you.

In this page of the Multiterm 2011 Local Help,
You are here: MultiTerm > Welcome and Contents > Input Models > Working with Input Models

there is the following note:
You may find that you cannot display an entry that you set up in your input model, for example, a nested field. This may be because it is not permitted by your default layout and th... See more
Trying to define a TBX-Basic-like termbase, I have run into the same problem as you.

In this page of the Multiterm 2011 Local Help,
You are here: MultiTerm > Welcome and Contents > Input Models > Working with Input Models

there is the following note:
You may find that you cannot display an entry that you set up in your input model, for example, a nested field. This may be because it is not permitted by your default layout and the layout may suppress fields that are marked as mandatory in the input model. Go to Catalog -> Layouts to adapt your layout and allow these fields to be displayed.

So, I duplicated an existing layout. I then edited this duplicate: I removed "Any field" and added all fields 1 by 1. I then right-clicked on definition and context fields, and could add source as a nested field.

Then I saved and activated this layout.

Now I can edit and see the nested source under definition and context fields.

I hope it helps.

Stephane
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2011 input model does not display all fields

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »