Clarissa Hull
Clarissa Hull  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:09
French to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2014

Hello,

Following a computer crash with subsequent hard disk replacement, I have been trying to contact SDL Trados via the Solution Finder and the subsection "I need to have my license reset". As I couldn't deactivate my SDL Trados 2014 license before the crash, I am now unable to reactivate the license.

Unfortunately, the corresponding web form on the solution finder page (I use Firefox) persistently refuses to load and is therefore inaccessible. Must be a bug. So I am
... See more
Hello,

Following a computer crash with subsequent hard disk replacement, I have been trying to contact SDL Trados via the Solution Finder and the subsection "I need to have my license reset". As I couldn't deactivate my SDL Trados 2014 license before the crash, I am now unable to reactivate the license.

Unfortunately, the corresponding web form on the solution finder page (I use Firefox) persistently refuses to load and is therefore inaccessible. Must be a bug. So I am using this forum as a last resort. Could anyone of SDL Trados Support here kindly give me a hint on how to proceed to get my license reset?

Thanks in advance.

Clarissa
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Submission Form... Feb 17, 2014

... does indeed seem to have a problem this evening. I have raised the case on your behalf and the licensing team should sort this out for you tomorrow morning.

Regards

Paul

Grazia Mangione
Grazia Mangione  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
Same here! Feb 18, 2014

Hi Clarissa,
hello Paul!

I am exactly in the same situation as Clarissa and I am experiencing exactly the same issues with the submission form this morning.

Please get in touch with me, too.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maria Grazia Mangione

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Logged... Feb 18, 2014

Hi Maria,

I have raised this with the licensing team as well, so you should be contacted in due course.

In the meantime our IT is looking at the solution finder issue and will hopefully have it resolved shortly.

Regards

Paul

Grazia Mangione
German to Italian
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 18, 2014

Thank you, Paul.

Clarissa Hull
Switzerland
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Paul... Feb 18, 2014

...for your quick reaction.

Let's hope this issue will be resolved soon (it's still status quo).

Best,

Clarissa

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I had confirmation this.... Feb 18, 2014

... morning that the licenses had been reset. Apologies, I thought you would have been notified already but this may be because there was no case as the Solution Finder was not working. My fault.

Please check and see in your MyAccount. Certainly you should be able to activate the software now.

Regards

Paul

Clarissa Hull
Switzerland
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's right... Feb 18, 2014

...have just been able to activate my license! Thank you, Paul!

Best,

Clarissa

Grazia Mangione
German to Italian
+ ...
2 licenses out of 3 (re)activated Mar 6, 2014

First of all, let me thank you again, Paul!

My license for Trados 2007 Freelance and also the one for Studio 2011 were reset, and I was able to reinstall and activate both of them.

However, when I tried to reinstall Passolo, I got an error message saying that the license was still in use by another computer.
Now, since I use Passolo very very rarely, there is no hurry at all with the reset of that license, too. It is more like that I wanted to give you feedback ab
... See more
First of all, let me thank you again, Paul!

My license for Trados 2007 Freelance and also the one for Studio 2011 were reset, and I was able to reinstall and activate both of them.

However, when I tried to reinstall Passolo, I got an error message saying that the license was still in use by another computer.
Now, since I use Passolo very very rarely, there is no hurry at all with the reset of that license, too. It is more like that I wanted to give you feedback about your intervention. But maybe it is useful for SDL to know that the license reset was not complete. Maybe you can sort out this issue, too? Anyway, as I already said, it is not urgent.

Best,

Maria Grazia Mangione
Collapse

Jennifer Guinot
Jennifer Guinot  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:09
English to German
+ ...
I am experiencing the same problem Apr 1, 2014

I need to have my license for Studio 2011 reset and the web form does not load. Please can you get in touch with the licensing team for me?

Thank you!

Jennifer

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Always good to try a different browser... Apr 1, 2014

... I find Chrome works best.

I have logged the case for you and you should have received an automated response in the meantime.

Regards

Paul

Jennifer Guinot
Jennifer Guinot  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:09
English to German
+ ...
Thank you Paul... Apr 1, 2014

...I have received an automated message. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Regards

Jennifer

Christen Sohnholz
Christen Sohnholz
United States
Local time: 19:09
German to English
Also need licence reset and cannot get a support form Aug 1, 2014

Hi! I urgently need help getting licenses reset. I had a flood and both of my computers bit the dust. I cannot return licenses because the computers are dead. I have been in an unending loop on the support pages and cannot get to a support form. There is also no option to "Force reset" in my account (which was one of the solutions in the support pages).

Can SDL Support help me here, please?

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to have SDL Trados license reset - web form does not load

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »