Thread poster: A & M Translation and Writing
A & M Translation and Writing
A & M Translation and Writing
Italy
Local time: 14:55
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 28, 2014

I have trados 2011, and I created an empty termbases in multiterm. I added it to my translation without any problems, and I was able to add term. I saved about 100 terms and then I closed the program. I was able to open the termbase again and I saw all the terms, but when I opened the termbase in Multiterm, it is still empty! When I tried to add the term base to another translation, it is in fact empty. I restarted my computer, and now I can find the terms at all even in the original file! I did... See more
I have trados 2011, and I created an empty termbases in multiterm. I added it to my translation without any problems, and I was able to add term. I saved about 100 terms and then I closed the program. I was able to open the termbase again and I saw all the terms, but when I opened the termbase in Multiterm, it is still empty! When I tried to add the term base to another translation, it is in fact empty. I restarted my computer, and now I can find the terms at all even in the original file! I did however find a series of files that are .mdf, .mtf, .tmp, and .ldb. Any help would be appreciated!Collapse

Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Jean-Pierre Artigau (X)
Canada
Local time: 08:55
English to French
+ ...
Copies of your term base Aug 28, 2014

This kind of situation happened when I had two copies of the term base, one that was visible from Trados (while translating) and another that I could open with Multiterm. See where your Trados and Multiterm open the term base, they might go to different folders on your computer. If you have two different copies, make sure they are identical (copy the full one to replace the empty one).

Jean-Pierre from Canada

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms added in Trados don't appear in Multiterm

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »