Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:14
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Only Check for Upgrades - no Upgrades available in my account Jul 2, 2015

SDL_Steve wrote:

Hi Robert,

I have just checked your personal account and confirm you only see 2014 license because you have not yet 'processed the upgrade' as per the image from earlier (1st July) in this post).
To the left side (Account/Licenses) of Studio 2014 you can see both 'Check for upgrades' and 'Upgrades available' (the correct option).
When you click on this, you will be guided through the process.

Steve

As mentioned in the subject line, it seems the Upgrades available is missing from my account.
Roy

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:14
English to Arabic
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way. Jul 2, 2015

Hi Roy,

As I am unable to post images (or don't know how to) I have sent you a direct email with screen shot of your actual account and how to upgrade.
I have run the process and you 100% have 2015 available after processing the upgrade.

Kr

Steve

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Could you please be more specific Jul 2, 2015

SDL_Steve wrote:

Hi Robert,

I have just checked your personal account and confirm you only see 2014 license because you have not yet 'processed the upgrade' as per the image from earlier (1st July) in this post).
To the left side (Account/Licenses) of Studio 2014 you can see both 'Check for upgrades' and 'Upgrades available' (the correct option).
When you click on this, you will be guided through the process.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That is exactly the problem (and also with Roy). When I click on "check for upgrades", there are no upgrades. When I click on "Upgrades available", I get an upgrade for 2014, just as shown in your screenshot in this forum. For the rest there is no guidance at all, only confusion, hence my question.

"I have not yet 'processed the upgrade' as per the image from earlier (1st July) in this post)". Could you please tell me in simple English what you mean here? I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

[Edited at 2015-07-02 11:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-07-02 11:24 GMT]

Roy Oestensen
Denmark
Member (2010)
+ ...
I don't see the e-mail Jul 2, 2015

SDL_Steve wrote:
Hi Roy,
As I am unable to post images (or don't know how to) I have sent you a direct email with screen shot of your actual account and how to upgrade.
I have run the process and you 100% have 2015 available after processing the upgrade.

Kr
Steve

Hope I am not too eager, but I cannot find the e-mail in question. I've checked my spam box.
I hope you sent the message to
[email protected]

SDL_Steve
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
Roy Oestensen Jul 2, 2015

Sorry Roy-
sent original mail to Robert- but have now forwarded to you.
The process seems to have already been completed in your account.

Kind regards
Steve

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
@Roy Jul 2, 2015

Hello Roy, this is what I did.

- Hit the upgrade button on the right side (upgrades automatically to 2015)
- Copy the license number (need that one later)
- Go to Downloads and off you go.

Rob

Roy Oestensen
Denmark
Member (2010)
+ ...
Will try - though have only check for upgrades Jul 2, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Rob

With Check for Upgrades it seems I am only offering to pay for new upgrades, not activating an upgrade I have paid for and not activated yet.

Roy

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Don't know Jul 2, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Rob

With Check for Upgrades it seems I am only offering to pay for new upgrades, not activating an upgrade I have paid for and not activated yet.

Roy

Also when you click on "Upgrade available"?

Roy Oestensen
Denmark
Member (2010)
+ ...
Can't click a non-existent button Jul 2, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Rob

Roy [/quote]

Also when you click on "Upgrade available"? [/quote]

Only "Check for upgrades" on my page, no "Upgrade available" underneath, I am afraid.

Addition:
I've just got an answer that there had been a mixup with my order, which now should be fixed.

Thanks, Steven Whale, for resolving the matter.

Roy

[Edited at 2015-07-02 13:52 GMT]

SDL_Steve
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
Unable to Upgrade to 2015 Jul 2, 2015

Hi All,

Just a confirmation for everyone if you experience problems upgrading (and are 100% sure you have purchased the upgrade) but don't see the 'upgrades available' button.
Some users have been able to purchase the wrong upgrade-
i.e you were originally using a PLUS license, but then purchased a 'standard' freelance (or Vice Versa) upgrade- in which case the 2015 upgrade is not automatically released.
This is a very quick and easy fix - so please let me know an
... See more
Hi All,

Just a confirmation for everyone if you experience problems upgrading (and are 100% sure you have purchased the upgrade) but don't see the 'upgrades available' button.
Some users have been able to purchase the wrong upgrade-
i.e you were originally using a PLUS license, but then purchased a 'standard' freelance (or Vice Versa) upgrade- in which case the 2015 upgrade is not automatically released.
This is a very quick and easy fix - so please let me know and I will resolve this for you straight away.

KR
Steve
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Some things to note - Upgrading to Studio 2015 Jul 2, 2015

Hi,

I compiled a few things I have seen cropping up in the last day or so and added them into an article which I hope will answer some of the questions we are seeing:

Studio 2015, first things first!

I hope it's useful, but if there are still questions let us know.
<
... See more
Hi,

I compiled a few things I have seen cropping up in the last day or so and added them into an article which I hope will answer some of the questions we are seeing:

Studio 2015, first things first!

I hope it's useful, but if there are still questions let us know.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Two problems Jul 3, 2015

Hello,

a) It is impossible to install the Sdl.MSGrammarChecker.Extended.sdlplugin for the 2015 version. After the message "The wizard wil..." nothing happens.

b) The new Sdl.Utilities.TMTool.tool stopps working with the message "Failed to remove duplicates in file 'D:\TM\TM_STUDIO\CHEMIE.sdltm'. Details: Methode nicht gefunden: "Void Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo,
... See more
Hello,

a) It is impossible to install the Sdl.MSGrammarChecker.Extended.sdlplugin for the 2015 version. After the message "The wizard wil..." nothing happens.

b) The new Sdl.Utilities.TMTool.tool stopps working with the message "Failed to remove duplicates in file 'D:\TM\TM_STUDIO\CHEMIE.sdltm'. Details: Methode nicht gefunden: "Void Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.FuzzyIndexes, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.BuiltinRecognizers)".

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

KR

Geneviève

[Bearbeitet am 2015-07-03 06:34 GMT]
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
re two problems Jul 3, 2015

I had no problem installing the grammar app, but getting the same or similar error for all TMs with the Utilities tool. Have tried reindexing to no avail...

Olly

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
One solution... one pending solution Jul 3, 2015

Geneviève von Levetzow wrote:

This may be related to the resolution of your screen and the buttons to move to the next step are hidden. This is a general problem we need to address as more people are using high res monitors with greater than 100% dpi.

You can resolve this by copying the 2015 version of the sdlplugin file you downloaded to this location:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\12\Plugins\Packages\MS Word Grammar Checker.sdlplugin

Geneviève von Levetzow wrote:

b) The new Sdl.Utilities.TMTool.tool stopps working with the message "Failed to remove duplicates in file 'D:\TM\TM_STUDIO\CHEMIE.sdltm'. Details: Methode nicht gefunden: "Void Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryApi.FileBasedTranslationMemory..ctor(System.String, System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemory.FuzzyIndexes, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.Core.Tokenization.BuiltinRecognizers)".

This is definitley a bug in the installer. We're looking at this right now and will release an update as soon as it's fixed.

Incidentally, the best place for support with OpenExchange applications is here : http://community.sdl.com/appsupport

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 3, 2015

Paul,

It works fine (I have 3 x 24'' monitors).

Best,

Geneviève

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »