Update 2 for Transit/TermStar NXT Service Pack 8
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:02
May 22, 2015

STAR communicates:

You can now install Update 2 for Transit/TermStar NXT Service Pack 8 and immediately benefit from enhanced features.

1. Enhancements of the new Update

Enhancements in details of several functions

It would be interesting to actually read about which enhancements have been added. Could somebody please provide that info?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
Finnish to French
Good luck! May 22, 2015

2nl wrote:
It would be interesting to actually read about which enhancements have been added. Could somebody please provide that info?

This would be against STAR's official secrecy policy of minimum disclosure

wotswot
wotswot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:02
Member (2011)
French to English
One "detail" they've fixed May 22, 2015

STAR Paris have kindly told me that SP8 build 2 has finally fixed a bug in the dictionary window in editor view:
previously, clicking the letters/numbers of entries with more than character (AA, AB, etc.) didn't work. Now it does (I haven't tested it yet, have you?)

(Right-clicking the highlighted term in the target window does work, unless - another bug - you've lost all highlights by pressing Backspace or Del somewhere in the segment, very annoying).

But I agre
... See more
STAR Paris have kindly told me that SP8 build 2 has finally fixed a bug in the dictionary window in editor view:
previously, clicking the letters/numbers of entries with more than character (AA, AB, etc.) didn't work. Now it does (I haven't tested it yet, have you?)

(Right-clicking the highlighted term in the target window does work, unless - another bug - you've lost all highlights by pressing Backspace or Del somewhere in the segment, very annoying).

But I agree with Dominique - getting any "detailed" info on their fixes is like trying to get blood out of a stone! Other bugs may well have been fixed, but as usual we'll just have to find out on our own.

Richard
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update 2 for Transit/TermStar NXT Service Pack 8

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »