How to get Microsoft Translator to work in Wordfast Classis Version 6.03t?
Thread poster: Mariam Abdullah
Nov 21, 2013

Hello,

I registered for an account with Microsoft Bing Translator. And I registered my application, then used the customer ID or Client ID and client secret in WordFast Classic Version 6.03t. However, when I run the test button or try to translate a segment it gives me the following message:

"Argument ExceptionMethod: Translate()Parameter: Message: The Web Token must have a signature at the end. The incoming token did not have a signature at the end of the token.message
... See more
Hello,

I registered for an account with Microsoft Bing Translator. And I registered my application, then used the customer ID or Client ID and client secret in WordFast Classic Version 6.03t. However, when I run the test button or try to translate a segment it gives me the following message:

"Argument ExceptionMethod: Translate()Parameter: Message: The Web Token must have a signature at the end. The incoming token did not have a signature at the end of the token.message id=0340.V2_Rest.Translate.336F90E8"

What is the problem?? Any help appreciated.
Collapse

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 19:14
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
demo mode Nov 21, 2013

Are you using WFC demo( trial) version? Machine translation works only on licensed WFC

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:14
Finnish to French
Customer ID vs. Client ID Nov 21, 2013

Customer ID and Client ID don't mean the same thing when obtaining credentials for Microsoft Translator. Customer ID is a long and complicated string you get from Microsoft when creating an account on the Azure marketplace. Client ID is something you create when registering the application for Microsoft Translator.

Chances are you haven't got a valid Client ID / Client Server combination. You can use other tools to test whether your credentials are valid, for instance Wordfas
... See more
Customer ID and Client ID don't mean the same thing when obtaining credentials for Microsoft Translator. Customer ID is a long and complicated string you get from Microsoft when creating an account on the Azure marketplace. Client ID is something you create when registering the application for Microsoft Translator.

Chances are you haven't got a valid Client ID / Client Server combination. You can use other tools to test whether your credentials are valid, for instance Wordfast Anywhere, OmegaT or MemSource, all of which can be used for free.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Demo mode allows machine translation for 2-3 consecutive segments Nov 21, 2013

Srini Venkataraman wrote:
Are you using WFC demo( trial) version? Machine translation works only on licensed WFC

Machine translation does work in Wordfast Classic when used in demo mode, but only for a couple of segments. You can then close your translation session (Alt+End), open a new one (Alt+Down) and you'll be able to use MT for another 2-3 segments.

Mariam Abdullah
Mariam Abdullah
TOPIC STARTER
frustrated Nov 22, 2013

Hello,

Thank you all for responding. I am actually using the demo version. The problem is still there, I used my API to try the service with WordFast Anywhere but still it didn't work ):
It tells me:

"Test failed, no response from the MT engine the provider has been disabled"

As for the client ID and Customer ID. I used the long one (Customer ID) displayed on the Account Information page with the client secret which I wrote when I registered m
... See more
Hello,

Thank you all for responding. I am actually using the demo version. The problem is still there, I used my API to try the service with WordFast Anywhere but still it didn't work ):
It tells me:

"Test failed, no response from the MT engine the provider has been disabled"

As for the client ID and Customer ID. I used the long one (Customer ID) displayed on the Account Information page with the client secret which I wrote when I registered my application (I was actually following a video by Dominique).

I'm puzzled though because on the website there is something about "access tokens"
The say:

"You must obtain an access token to use the Microsoft Translator API."

Here's the link,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh454950.aspx

Is this something I need to do to get the MT running? It seems complicated !!

There is also the Primary Account Key which is also a long key, what are we supposed to do with it? Am I supposed to use it in any of the fields for MT in Wordfast Classic.

Also, in the field for Redirect URI when registering the application I didn't know what to enter there so I just entered the WordFast Website URL. Does that have anything to do with my API not working??

I'm sorry about all the questions, but I'm really frustrated, I just want it to work.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance,

Mariam
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
How to obtain valid credentials for Microsoft Translator Nov 23, 2013

Mariam Abdullah wrote:
The problem is still there, I used my API to try the service with WordFast Anywhere but still it didn't work ):

This just proves the problem is not with Wordfast Classic (in fact, not with Wordfast at all, you would get it with any other tool), it's with Microsoft Translator (your credentials are not valid).
Mariam Abdullah wrote:
As for the client ID and Customer ID. I used the long one (Customer ID) displayed on the Account Information page with the client secret which I wrote when I registered my application (I was actually following a video by Dominique).

My video was made 1.5 years ago and many things may have change since. I only learned later on that you don't have to use the Customer ID supplied during the signup process as the Client ID when registering your application.
Mariam Abdullah wrote:
I'm puzzled though because on the website there is something about "access tokens"
The say:
"You must obtain an access token to use the Microsoft Translator API."

Just don't care about tokens (they will be generated for you by the translation tool, once you have valid credentials - Client ID + Client Server - for Microsoft Translator).
Mariam Abdullah wrote:
There is also the Primary Account Key which is also a long key, what are we supposed to do with it? Am I supposed to use it in any of the fields for MT in Wordfast Classic.

Don't care about that either: all you need for Wordfast (or any translation tool that supports the Microsoft Translator API) is a Cliend ID and a Client Server.
Mariam Abdullah wrote:
Also, in the field for Redirect URI when registering the application I didn't know what to enter there so I just entered the WordFast Website URL. Does that have anything to do with my API not working??

You can enter whatever you want, as long as it starts with http://

I assume you have reached the screen (after pressing the 'Register' button) that looks like this:

http://screencast.com/t/F3iTNPUfNH

In that form, you can enter whatever you want as Client ID (eg. MariamID).
For Name, you can also enter whatever you please (eg. My cute little app).
Client Secret is a given: just take whatever they gave you. For Redirect
URI, just enter any URL you please (eg, http://www.google.com). Click on
Create and you should be done.

Mariam Abdullah
Mariam Abdullah
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you VERY much. Problem Solved! Nov 26, 2013

Hello,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It worked.

Apparently I changed the client secret to another password I wanted!! And I used the customer ID, not the client ID. And I wanted it to work!!!

Now, machine translation is working for me (:

Thank you again..

Mariam

Mark Aldridge
Mark Aldridge
Local time: 02:14
Polish to English
How to get Microsoft Translator to work in Wordfast Classic 6.03t Dec 18, 2013

Dear Mariam and Dominique,

Thanks for a very interesting thread.

I have had much the same sort of difficulties.

I still cannot get Microsoft Translator to work in 6.03t.

There are two main categories of problem:

a) What exactly do we write inside the Wordfast application at : Paste your secret client key or API key here

b) point a) above sounds almost like a silly question BUT on Windows Azure Marketplace I have a Pr
... See more
Dear Mariam and Dominique,

Thanks for a very interesting thread.

I have had much the same sort of difficulties.

I still cannot get Microsoft Translator to work in 6.03t.

There are two main categories of problem:

a) What exactly do we write inside the Wordfast application at : Paste your secret client key or API key here

b) point a) above sounds almost like a silly question BUT on Windows Azure Marketplace I have a Primary Account Key and a Customer ID - there is no sign of a secret client key - or any sort of client key - or an API. How do you get what you need form WAM (Windows Azure Marketplace)?

Many many many thanks for any help or advice

Mark Aldridge
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Microsoft Translator credentials Dec 18, 2013

Mark Aldridge wrote:

When you select Microsoft Translator, the field for the credentials splits into two part. The first part is for the Client ID:

The second part is for the Client Secret:

Mark Aldridge wrote:
b) point a) above sounds almost like a silly question BUT on Windows Azure Marketplace I have a Primary Account Key and a Customer ID - there is no sign of a secret client key - or any sort of client key - or an API. How do you get what you need form WAM (Windows Azure Marketplace)?

You need to create yourself an "application", at which time you can select a "Client ID" of your liking and Microsoft will give you the corresponding "Client Secret". Don't ask me how to reach the screen where you create the application, the exact procedure probably changed several times since I did it. However, it can be done, as demonstrated by Mariam's success.

Diallo Bakary
Diallo Bakary
France
English to French
+ ...
"Test Failed no response from the MT engine the provider has been disabled." Sep 13, 2015

I'm having also this error message when trying to setup Microsoft in WFA.
I have made several attempts, switching between clientID and Client secret, and customer ID.

Just above the fields for the client ID and client secret in WFA, I have this warning "Caution: do not work with HTTPS protocol". I don't know if this can cause the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

[Edited at 2015-09-14 10:10 GMT]

apoorv
apoorv
India
Test Failed for Microsoft Translator using valid Client Id and Client Secret. Nov 30, 2015

Hi,

I am unable to test the service of microsoft translator in wordfast pro v3.4.5.

I have entered the correct client id and client secret also. But when i am trying to test the service by clicking on test button, i am getting a blank pop up with a tittle ERROR and with no error message, unable to find the exact issue.

Is there any advice or solution for this kind of error. Please help..!!!

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Microsoft Translator works fine here Nov 30, 2015

apoorv wrote:
I am unable to test the service of microsoft translator in wordfast pro v3.4.5.

I have entered the correct client id and client secret also. But when i am trying to test the service by clicking on test button, i am getting a blank pop up with a tittle ERROR and with no error message, unable to find the exact issue.

I just tested my Microsoft Translator credentials in WFP 3.4.6 and they appear to work fine. When I click on the test button, I get the message 'Languages are valid':

See my reply to your question here.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get Microsoft Translator to work in Wordfast Classis Version 6.03t?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »