IsaPro
IsaPro  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:35
English to French
+ ...
Aug 1, 2014

Good morning everybody,

I have a problem with WF. I use WF Classic 4.0 (works perfectly well) and I have changed my computer (now Windows 7). When a client sends me a .tmx MT, the conversion produces an empty MT whereas the original MT contains hundreds of TUs...
Help needed !!!

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:35
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Conversion method? Aug 1, 2014

Which conversion method do you use?

Terry Richards
Terry Richards
France
Local time: 03:35
French to English
+ ...
Do the languages match Aug 1, 2014

If the language pairs are different, I think WF won't import the segments.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Language codes don't matter Aug 2, 2014

Terry Richards wrote:
If the language pairs are different, I think WF won't import the segments.

Wordfast Classic doesn't care about the language codes in the TM. If a TMX is structurally valid, Wordfast Classic will import it regardless of the language codes in it.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
WfConverter Aug 2, 2014

IsaPro wrote:
I have a problem with WF. I use WF Classic 4.0 (works perfectly well)

OK, it doesn't work that well, since it fails to convert your TMX. Wordfast Classic 4.x is very old (2004). The TMX import/export function has been refined since. You ought to try the current version (6.13).
IsaPro wrote:
When a client sends me a .tmx MT, the conversion produces an empty MT whereas the original MT contains hundreds of TUs...
Help needed !!!

If you don't want to use the current version, you may want to try WfConverter, a free standalone utility that can converter TM's from TMX to Wordfast, and vice-versa.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion of .tmx MT gives an empty MT under WF

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »