Thread poster: Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 22:59
French to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2016

I'm currently working on my laptop while my desktop computer is being repaired.
I have access to all my files thanks to Dropbox and Time Machine, but when working in Wordfast (Pro, version 3.4.8) on another computer is there any way I can access the glossary I created in Wordfast?
The glossary seems to be linked to the computer not to the project files.

TIA for your help.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:59
Member (2006)
French to English
No, copy from the other computer Aug 22, 2016

Dear Catharine,

Unfortunately, this was one major issue users had with glossaries on wfp 3: not being able to choose where they are saved to.

You'll need to get them from a systems file location on your computer "username/.wf_workspace/glossaries" or export them from within wfp3 on the desktop computer.

This issue was fixed in wfp4. You can choose where you want to save glossary files to.

Kind regards,

John

Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 22:59
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - problem solved! Aug 23, 2016

John Di Rico wrote:

You'll need to get them from a systems file location on your computer "username/.wf_workspace/glossaries" or export them from within wfp3 on the desktop computer.

Thanks John, I was able to use Onyx (to make invisible files appear) and find the glossary in the Time Machine backup, and thus import it into Wordfast on my laptop.

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Same question about Wordfast 4 Feb 2, 2017

How can I backup and/or move to another computer a specific TM and Project (with the relavant files)?

In WF4 TM, TB and files are all in a project. This means that you should copy the whole specific project you need?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Organization Feb 2, 2017

Lucia Messuti wrote:

In WF4 TM, TB and files are all in a project. This means that you should copy the whole specific project you need?

Not necessarily. If you use the advanced project creation wizard, you can choose where to put them. Please see this article for more details: https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Migrating_from_Wordfast_Pro_3_to_Wordfast_Pro_4#Organizing_your_Projects

Best,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accessing Wordfast glossary on different computer

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »