Thread poster: uytteb
uytteb
uytteb  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:05
French to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 6, 2016

I just upgraded from Wordfast Pro 3 to 4, after having used 3 for many years. Somehow, I can't get a translated Word file. I opened my project, imported the Word source file, translated it completely, but nothing happens when I hit "save translated file" on the File tab. Am I missing a part of the procedure?

Also, when I open the xml-file in my computer's Finder, it opens in Wordfast 3, not 4. But I suppose that's something I can change in Windows settings.

uytteb
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Dec 7, 2016

I think I figured it out myself. I had actually started the translation in version 3 and continued working in 4. That must have been the issue, because the next translation that I started and ended in 4 gave me no problems saving the translated Word file.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Check out these solutions Dec 7, 2016

Hello uytteb,

Can you check out these solutions: https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Common_Error_Messages_in_Wordfast_Pro_4

The bilingual format for WFP3 is TXML. For WFP4, it is TXLF. WFP3 is probably designated as the default program to open TXML files, something you would have to change on your system if you wish to open and translation WFP3 TX
... See more
Hello uytteb,

Can you check out these solutions: https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Common_Error_Messages_in_Wordfast_Pro_4

The bilingual format for WFP3 is TXML. For WFP4, it is TXLF. WFP3 is probably designated as the default program to open TXML files, something you would have to change on your system if you wish to open and translation WFP3 TXML files with WFP4.

Best,

John
Collapse

uytteb
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 7, 2016

Thanks, problem solved!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wf Pro 4: cannot save translated Word file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »