Re-upload to Smartcat
Thread poster: Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
Sep 16, 2023

My client gave me the option to export a bilingual xlf from SmartCat (which I did). Now I can't find the button to reupload it, I've seen it in screenshots in the documentation but everything looks very different on my end (only download option available)

UI smartcat

I also tried pre-translating the SmartCat file with the tmx I created but no luck (message: "Settings saved; pretranslation started" but nothing else happens)

I messaged my client and sent them the translated file but I did not hear back yet and my deadline is approaching...it's a long shot, but does anyone how to upload the file back to SmartCat? Thanks!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:15
English to Russian
Old UI Sep 16, 2023

Go to your project page first. You can do it form the email you automatically receive from your client.
Then click the GO TO PROJECT button.
Then in the Tasks section, click the arrow icon next to the 'Open' command:

In the next window that opens, you will find an U
... See more
Go to your project page first. You can do it form the email you automatically receive from your client.

In the next window that opens, you will find an Upload button in the lower part of the screen.
Collapse

Nadia Silva Castro

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:15
English to Russian
New UI Sep 16, 2023

Nadia Silva Castro

Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Sep 16, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

In the next window that opens, you will find an Upload button in the lower part of the screen.

Thanks so much, Stepan! You are the best!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Re-upload to Smartcat

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »