Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 15, 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for a very basic visual planning tool for my translation projects. I like a visual representation of the deadlines in a sort of horizontal bar, similar to the Trados schedule in the projects view.

It doesn't need to be fancy as I am not a project manager who has to keep track of many external translators and external resources.

The Trados scheduler would be just fine, but I know for instance I will receive a file for review next week that
... See more
Hi,

I'm looking for a very basic visual planning tool for my translation projects. I like a visual representation of the deadlines in a sort of horizontal bar, similar to the Trados schedule in the projects view.

It doesn't need to be fancy as I am not a project manager who has to keep track of many external translators and external resources.

The Trados scheduler would be just fine, but I know for instance I will receive a file for review next week that needs to be delivered 2 days later. This cannot be planned in Trados I believe.

Most software I have found work like regular calendar apps giving you tasks to do each day. Whereas I want to enter a start date and deadline. I'm more interested in a group of horizontal progress bars.

I hope this is clear. Any suggestions?
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 13:12
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Google calendar? Sep 15, 2016

... or Translation office 3000! it is probably closer to your needs:

Schedules for clients and projects in TO3000, Version 11 can be used to obtain a visualized representation of work processes. Schedules provide a comprehensive view of project and job intensity at any given moment.

Two kinds of the Schedules are provided for each of the listed parts of TO3000, Version 11:

Clients
1. Schedule of projects (and corresponding client jo
... See more
... or Translation office 3000! it is probably closer to your needs:

Schedules for clients and projects in TO3000, Version 11 can be used to obtain a visualized representation of work processes. Schedules provide a comprehensive view of project and job intensity at any given moment.

Two kinds of the Schedules are provided for each of the listed parts of TO3000, Version 11:

Clients
1. Schedule of projects (and corresponding client jobs) for the selected client. — Schedule tab of Client window

2. For With Projects Mode: Schedule of all projects. — Schedule of Projects window

3. For Without Projects Mode: Schedule of all client jobs. — Schedule of Client Jobs window

Projects (With Projects Mode only)
1. Schedule of client jobs for the selected project. — Schedule tab of Project Window

2. Schedule of all projects and client jobs. — Schedule of Client Jobs window

...etc

I would look at TO 3000 seriously, for other reasons (job allocation, invoicing etc) as well
Regards

Vito
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basis visual planning tool

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »