Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
Local time: 05:06
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Apr 20, 2014

Hi every body,

I was translating a pdf doc with my memoQ but after restarting my computer,I could not open it any more:(
could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:36
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
More details Apr 20, 2014

You should describe your problem in more details, otherwise it would be impossible to understand what happened.

[Edited at 2014-04-20 19:25 GMT]

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your attention Apr 20, 2014

esperantisto wrote:

You should secretive l describe your problem in more details, otherwise it would be impossible to understand what happened.

Hi,
Thanx for your attention.

I completed some segments and after saving it ,I restarted my computer. But when I tried to open it ,It didn't open and give the following massage:

Unable to open document or project.
General error.

TYPE:
System.InvalidOperationException

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

SOURCE:
System.Xml

[Edited at 2014-04-20 19:15 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-20 21:44 GMT]

esperantisto
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oops Apr 20, 2014

It looks like a corrupted project description file. I'm afraid, you'll have to re-create the project. However, let's wait a bit, maybe a more experienced user will show up who knows a remedy.

By the way, why did you have to reboot your computer? Due to an emergency or failure?

[Edited at 2014-04-20 19:27 GMT]

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
too bad Apr 20, 2014

esperantisto wrote:

It looks like a corrupted project description file. I'm afraid, you'll have to re-create the project. However, let's wait a bit, maybe a more experienced user will show up who knows a remedy.

By the way, why did you have to reboot your computer? Due to an emergency or failure?

it is too bad!!!:(( it is a part of a big project and I really can not do it again:((
I hope there was an experienced user to help me to recover my file...

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
too bad Apr 20, 2014

Mitra Mousavi wrote:

esperantisto wrote:

it is too bad!!!:(( it is a part of a big project and I really can not do it again:((
I hope there was an experienced user to help me to recover my file...

p.s I had a failure with another program and not by memoQ.

esperantisto
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not necessarily Apr 21, 2014

Mitra Mousavi wrote:
I really can not do it again:((

You don't necessarily have to do it again. If you've committed translations to a translation memory, they are safe, simply use that TM for a new project.

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 21, 2014

esperantisto wrote:

Mitra Mousavi wrote:
I really can not do it again:((

You don't necessarily have to do it again. If you've committed translations to a translation memory, they are safe, simply use that TM for a new project.

Hi esperantisto,
Thanks for your comment.How can I use it(TM)?You know I am new in using Qmemo and I really appreciate If you help me:)

esperantisto
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Read user guide(s) Apr 21, 2014

I’m afraid, I can’t tell you more/better than it is described in official user guides.

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 21, 2014

esperantisto wrote:

I’m afraid, I can’t tell you more/better than it is described in official user guides.

Many thanks dear esperantisto:)

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:36
German to English
+ ...
Have you contacted memoQ support? Apr 21, 2014

The response is generally fast and always helpful, though there was/is a high holiday in Western countries right now (Easter Monday is also a holiday in some countries), so the staffing may be reduced. Still, that should always be tried first or concurrently with a post here.

It might also make sense to check out their videos and/or online training courses on how to use it properly. Ideally, that should be done before starting a pro
... See more
The response is generally fast and always helpful, though there was/is a high holiday in Western countries right now (Easter Monday is also a holiday in some countries), so the staffing may be reduced. Still, that should always be tried first or concurrently with a post here.

It might also make sense to check out their videos and/or online training courses on how to use it properly. Ideally, that should be done before starting a project requiring it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kilgray
http://kilgray.com/resource-center/online-training
Collapse

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 21, 2014

Woodstock wrote:

It might also make sense to check out their videos and/or online training courses on how to use it properly. Ideally, that should be done before starting a project requiring it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kilgray
http://kilgray.com/resource-center/online-training

Many thanks for your helpful comments!:)

Phoebe Indetzki
Phoebe Indetzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:36
German to English
+ ...
Delete "Term Extract" file Apr 21, 2014

I once had this problem, and found somewhere on the net (can't find the link now) that told me to open my memoq projects file, (stored somewhere in documents; you don't have to open memoq at all for this!), then open the project in question, delete the "Term Extract" file, then open memoq itself again, and the project will open again.

It worked for me.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-04-21 15:53 GMT]

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 21, 2014

Phoebe Ruth wrote:

I once had this problem, and found somewhere on the net (can't find the link now) that told me to open my memoq projects file, (stored somewhere in documents; you don't have to open memoq at all for this!), then open the project in question, delete the "Term Extract" file, then open memoq itself again, and the project will open again.

It worked for me.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-04-21 15:53 GMT]

Dear Phoebe,
hi,
Many thanks for your verrrrrry helpful suggestion:). It works and I can recover it successfully.

Regards

Mitra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My memoQ failed to open my doc

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »