Why does it take several seconds after confirmation of a segment to move on to next?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:39
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 31, 2015

Why does it take several seconds after confirmation of a segment to move on to next?

I have the memoQ 2015 translator version that I connected to my customer's server. Then I received a question in a popup window if I wanted to turn off automatic synchronization and work in offline mode, and I answered Yes, I want to work in offline mode.

But even after that it takes several seconds after I have confirmed a segment to move on to next. So I wonder where I can check that
... See more

I have the memoQ 2015 translator version that I connected to my customer's server. Then I received a question in a popup window if I wanted to turn off automatic synchronization and work in offline mode, and I answered Yes, I want to work in offline mode.

But even after that it takes several seconds after I have confirmed a segment to move on to next. So I wonder where I can check that automatic synchronization really is turned off? Or can there be another issue?
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 19:39
Chinese to English
+ ...
A workaround Jul 31, 2015

If the text isn't heavily repetitive, you could confirm segments in batches.

But memoQ hasn't ever been the most responsive of programs, especially with online work.

Tomasz Wyszkowski
Tomasz Wyszkowski
Poland
Local time: 13:39
Polish to English
+ ...
Segment confirmation slow! Sep 21, 2015

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

But even after that it takes several seconds after I have confirmed a segment to move on to next. So I wonder where I can check that automatic synchronization really is turned off? Or can there be another issue?

I have got the same problem. It takes twice as much time to translate, which is not what I bought the soft for.
I have tried pretty much everything: manual synchronisation, Defender (win 10) exceptions (probably all possible options), but nothing works.

If anybody has found a solution to this, please help.

Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »