Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:55
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Sep 19, 2016

Hello,

MemoQ keeps crashing, using up all the computer's resources (a computer with good specifications) and it takes 10-15 minutes to be able to get into Windows task manager to shut the program down.

It is working fine and then when I click enter to move on to the next translation unit, or sometimes if I add a term, it just crashes.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thank you.

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Synchronization Sep 19, 2016

Hello,
are you working on an online-project?
If this is the case, try to change the synchronization behaviour from automatic to manual.
Make sure to synchronize the document manually every time before closing the project.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Ivana.

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
not online Sep 19, 2016

I'm not working online. Just a normal project. Thank you for any ideas.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:55
English to Russian
TM Sep 19, 2016

Try to disconnect your current TM(s) and add a newly created empty one. Translate a couple of segments to see its behavior.
Then try the same with your TB(s).
I had such situation with a damaged TM. But I believe any damaged resource (TB, muse, Autocorrect lists, etc.) may cause this issue.
If this is your case, try to 'Repair' your damaged resources (if any).

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:55
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Been discussed before Sep 19, 2016

I'm not sure if this applies in your case, but take a look at http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/304745-memoq_a_rant.html#2574134

[Edited at 2016-09-19 12:32 GMT]

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 27, 2016

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated. The problems seems to have been resolved. I don't know why/how. There has been a software update in the meantime. Perhaps it was because the project I was working on was imported from Trados, had several memories and termbases and was a large project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ crashing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »