boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:52
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 22, 2016

Hi,

I have received my translation after it was edited (bilingual RTF table and MQXLZ file). How can I compare these texts? I am working offline. MemoQ 2013.

It looks like MemoQ does have this option, but I cannot figure out how I can use it.

Thank you!

Johan Kjallman
Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:52
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Reimport and activate Track Changes Sep 23, 2016

Hi,

assuming that your workflow is the following:

You translate in memoQ
Export the finished translation into either two-column RTF or mqxlz and send it to the reviewer
Receive the same RTF/mqxlz file with the reviewer's changes

Then you can reimport the bilingual document into your project, e.g. by using Drag&Drop and clicking Ok when memoQ asks if you want to upgrade the document. Then select Toggle track changes -> Against Last Delivered Ver
... See more
Hi,

assuming that your workflow is the following:

You translate in memoQ
Export the finished translation into either two-column RTF or mqxlz and send it to the reviewer
Receive the same RTF/mqxlz file with the reviewer's changes

Then you can reimport the bilingual document into your project, e.g. by using Drag&Drop and clicking Ok when memoQ asks if you want to upgrade the document. Then select Toggle track changes -> Against Last Delivered Version from the Translation menu.

Hope that helps

BR/Johan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparing translated and edited MemoQ texts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »