Jeffrey Henson
Jeffrey Henson
France
Local time: 06:14
Member (2015)
French to English
Oct 13, 2015

Hello all,
I just ran upon these completely by accident on the United States Patent and Trademark Office's website and thought I would share them in case anyone was interested :

... See more
Hello all,
I just ran upon these completely by accident on the United States Patent and Trademark Office's website and thought I would share them in case anyone was interested :

http://www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/global-intellectual-property-academy-gipa/uspto-webinars-and-ip-e-learning#heading-1

"The Global Intellectual Property Academy (GIPA) has produced six modules on intellectual property protection and enforcement in five languages. The languages include English, Spanish, French, Arabic, and Russian. These modules cover all areas of intellectual property protection which include patents, copyrights, trademarks, geographical indications, enforcement and trade."

I haven't had time to watch all the way through yet, but from what I can tell, they are exactly the same presentations in the five languages mentioned. So, by opening two windows and watching the same presentation in two languages simultaneously (chapter by chapter) seems like an interesting way of picking up some vocab in this area.

They also have a monolingual (English) glossary of intellectual property terminology here :

http://www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/glossary

Hope you find these useful !
Collapse

Tatiana Grehan
Tatiana Grehan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:14
English to Russian
+ ...
Thanks for sharing, Jeff! Oct 13, 2015

I think these videos may be very useful for translators, working in the field. And you are right, the content is exactly the same (I have compared presentation in English to the one in Russian). Thank you once again and happy translating!

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:14
German to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks for sharing! Oct 18, 2015

Although I translate from English or German into Turkish, this glossary is still valuable for me.

Jeffrey Henson
Jeffrey Henson
France
Local time: 06:14
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ! Oct 19, 2015

@ Tatiana and Elif : Thanks for your replies. I'm glad you found the site useful. Best of luck to you both !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free Multilingual Intellectual Property E-Learning Modules

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »