Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any software that can run an accurate wordcount of Arabic PDF's? The one I use gives funny counts of Arabic PDF's. Any hope?

Best,
Noha

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
Local time: 15:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
anycount Dec 5, 2006

Does anyone know of any software that can run an accurate wordcount of Arabic PDF's?

Yes, download the free trial of anycount, here:

http://www.anycount.com/

Regards

[Edited at 2006-12-05 08:35]

[Edited at 2006-12-05 08:54]

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 5, 2006

Thank you, Mumtaz, though most of us have a fondness for freeware Any freeware or shareware that can do the trick?

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
Local time: 15:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
Translator's Abacus Dec 5, 2006

Noha Kamal wrote:

Thank you, Mumtaz, though most of us have a fondness for freeware Any freeware or shareware that can do the trick?

Here is a free one:

http://www.spanish-translator-services.com/espanol/preguntas-frecuentes/SistemaOperativo-contar-palabras-de-documentos.htm

Click the Translator's Abacus link, but bear in mind that it doesn't work offline.

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again! Dec 5, 2006

Thanks again, Mumtaz. Actually, I've been using Translator's Abcus for the past 3 years or more, and no it does work offline. The problem is that it can't count arabic PDF's. But thanks a mil for you help.

Marianna Massa (X)
Marianna Massa (X)
Egypt
Italian
+ ...
Still having same issue in 2021 Apr 2, 2021

Hello everyone!
I am catching up on this old thread because I am still struggling with this issue of having the correct word count of an Arabic pdf. Can anyone help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Arabic PDF's

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »