Stanislava Adamcová Balajová MBA
Slovakia
Local time: 19:55
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Jun 18, 2014

I would like to invite all deceived translators whom Chris Wilson from CJW Translations Ltd, Lancaster owes some ​​money to contact me or at least write here. I believe that if there are more of us, we can be successfull in getting our money back.

his data (all I have)

Chris Wilson
CJW Translations Ltd.
16 Wharfedale Road
Lancaster
LA1 5ND (UK)

Email: (which of course does not wor
... See more
I would like to invite all deceived translators whom Chris Wilson from CJW Translations Ltd, Lancaster owes some ​​money to contact me or at least write here. I believe that if there are more of us, we can be successfull in getting our money back.

his data (all I have)

Chris Wilson
CJW Translations Ltd.
16 Wharfedale Road
Lancaster
LA1 5ND (UK)

Email: (which of course does not work anymore) [email protected]

[Edited at 2014-06-18 09:54 GMT]
Collapse

Arnaud Dzounda
Arnaud Dzounda  Identity Verified
Cameroon
Local time: 18:55
English to French
+ ...
Chris Wilson CJW Translations Ltd. & Money Matters Jun 18, 2014

I completed a translation project for this agency over 2 weeks ago, and was expecting payment by the end of this month (June 2014). Surprisingly, Chris' email address "[email protected]" is not working out any more. I will certainly not not get paid by this agency for the job for which I spent sleepless nights.

His address:

Chris Wilson
CJW Translations Ltd.
16 Wharfedale Road
Lancaster
LA1 5ND (UK)

Slovakia
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no worries Jun 18, 2014

I would like to "collect" more people to request some debt recovering agency to get money

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
My sympathies Jun 18, 2014

No Internet presence, gmail address.

Unless you have proof that this entity is operating, it is very likely a scam and the guy or whoever got translations for free and just evaporated.

Keep monitoring the Internet to see if your translation appears somewhere. It could be a lead to get to the culprit.

Philippe

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My sympathies... it is a scam... Jun 18, 2014

Unfortunately this is a well-known scam. In Proz.com's Wiki you will find plenty of information on this subject and how to prevent it.

The company the scammer allegedly belonged to could well be a legitimate company who of course are also suffering the consequences themselves.

[Edited at 2014-06-18 10:30 GMT]

Slovakia
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
great idea!!!!! Jun 18, 2014

Philippe Etienne wrote:

No Internet presence, gmail address.

Unless you have proof that this entity is operating, it is very likely a scam and the guy or whoever got translations for free and just evaporated.

Keep monitoring the Internet to see if your translation appears somewhere. It could be a lead to get to the culprit.

Philippe

i am writting to the producer

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
This is what risk management is there to prevent Jun 18, 2014

Stanislava Adamcová Balajová MBA wrote:
i am writting to the producer

I'm not at all sure what you mean by that, but I doubt anyone can get your money back. This person simply doesn't seem to exist with that name, although there is a Japanese to English translator living in the USA who I'm sure has nothing whatever to do with this.

Too late for this time but please follow the link Tomás gave. You'll also find more general information on risk management here: http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Risk_management. And do read all about scams and sign up to the regular alerts that ProZ.com sends out: http://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts/. Perhaps you'd be good enough to alert the scam centre to this particular scam so that others not reading this forum will be warned.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
16 Wharfedale Road Jun 18, 2014

If you look for his address in Google Earth, you'll notice there's a "For Sale" sign.

It's possible he sold the house, moved, and had to change his email address etc.

[Edited at 2014-06-18 13:14 GMT]

lindaellen (X)
lindaellen (X)

why would he change his email address? Jun 18, 2014

Tom, why would he change his email address? I take mine where ever I go.

I think it's also possible he never lived at this address in the first place.

Karen Poot
Karen Poot  Identity Verified

English to Dutch
+ ...
is there anything we can do? Jun 18, 2014

Yes, I also have done 3 (!) jobs for the guy, and he promised to pay me 2 weeks ago (>1000€). Just wrote him an email, but bounced. Doesn't exist anymore. Of course he closed his email, so nobody can track him. Should have checked him before.

Is there anything we can do about it? Does anybody have an other email address, tel number, anything?

Slovakia
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
well Jun 19, 2014

Karen Poot wrote:

Yes, I also have done 3 (!) jobs for the guy, and he promised to pay me 2 weeks ago (>1000€). Just wrote him an email, but bounced. Doesn't exist anymore. Of course he closed his email, so nobody can track him. Should have checked him before.

Is there anything we can do about it? Does anybody have an other email address, tel number, anything?

well I still have hope that someone will know him personally, Internet platforms are great tool to track people, that is why I put thread here.

Then I was thinking about debt collecting agency, but that should be provided by some person living in that area.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Scammer in a legit company Jun 19, 2014

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

The company the scammer allegedly belonged to could well be a legitimate company who of course are also suffering the consequences themselves.

Some time last year I received a job offer from a PM and checked the company. A few moments (not more than maybe 20 minutes) I received another email with the same offer from the (allegedly) same person, but coming from a different IP address. I looked up the company website and sent them an email, asking them to confirm both identities.

They were very helpful, having suffered from the second sender's fraud. I also informed the "real" client thast her name was being abused.

When accepting a job, always do your "homework", especially the Blue Board on ProZ, a company website and, when in doubt, contact the company. They don't feel "molested" by any queries.

Good luck to all who have been abused by that scammer.

Slovakia
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
wise now Jun 19, 2014

Thayenga wrote:

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Some time last year I received a job offer from a PM and checked the company. A few moments (not more than maybe 20 minutes) I received another email with the same offer from the (allegedly) same person, but coming from a different IP address. I looked up the company website and sent them an email, asking them to confirm both identities.

They were very helpful, having suffered from the second sender's fraud. I also informed the "real" client thast her name was being abused.

When accepting a job, always do your "homework", especially the Blue Board on ProZ, a company website and, when in doubt, contact the company. They don't feel "molested" by any queries.

Good luck to all who have been abused by that scammer.

well I have this kind of experience for the first time in my life, it never happened to me before, thatś why I am so angry about it...anyway I am wise also..learning from my own faults

Karen Poot
Karen Poot  Identity Verified

English to Dutch
+ ...
some measures I have taken Jun 19, 2014

It has been my first time too, so yes same frusration here, and quite an expensive lesson!

I tracked the Dutch clients I have been translated for to warn them about Chris Wilson or his agency. Maybe they haven't paid him yet, or at least they know who they have delt with.

CW probably used a false name, there is a Christopher Wilson working in Lion Bridge UK, but I assume it is not the person who deceived us, LB being a very recommended agency. I contacted a colleague of
... See more
It has been my first time too, so yes same frusration here, and quite an expensive lesson!

I tracked the Dutch clients I have been translated for to warn them about Chris Wilson or his agency. Maybe they haven't paid him yet, or at least they know who they have delt with.

CW probably used a false name, there is a Christopher Wilson working in Lion Bridge UK, but I assume it is not the person who deceived us, LB being a very recommended agency. I contacted a colleague of him through LinkedIn to confirm that.

To contact a debt collection agency we should at least have a track I am afraid.

We will keep on searching! Heads up everybody!
Collapse

Slovakia
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
great Jun 19, 2014

Karen Poot wrote:

CW probably used a false name, there is a Christopher Wilson working in Lion Bridge UK, but I assume it is not the person who deceived us, LB being a very recommended agency. I contacted a colleague of him through LinkedIn to confirm that.

To contact a debt collection agency we should at least have a track I am afraid.

We will keep on searching! Heads up everybody!

i didi exactly the same things !!!!!!

another thing he contacted me, and posted in translatorscafe.com , I am exchanging some emails with them, does anyone thing (I need PC skilled people here ) we could find him via IP adress?

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chris Wilson CJW Translations Ltd.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »