A Difficult Beginning
Thread poster: TRADLINGO
Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:19
English to German
My first impressions Feb 11, 2016

Background & experience in the industry - as others said, it is a very competitive industry and I think you really need to know what you are doing and offer a good USP be successful.

Professional presence - as others commented your website doesn't radiate professionalism, e.g. the bad German translation ... is this is the product you are going to sell!?

Profit margin - you say you want to target the Western market. If you selling translations at your advertised prices a
... See more
Background & experience in the industry - as others said, it is a very competitive industry and I think you really need to know what you are doing and offer a good USP be successful.

Professional presence - as others commented your website doesn't radiate professionalism, e.g. the bad German translation ... is this is the product you are going to sell!?

Profit margin - you say you want to target the Western market. If you selling translations at your advertised prices and still want to make a profit then I think you will need to find people who are willing to work for an unprofitable rates and that can't be sustainable for long.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Difficult Beginning

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »