Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Anyone know an online master's program in translation?
Thread poster: Rob Albon
Sarah Puchner
Sarah Puchner  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
French to English
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, entirely online Dec 3, 2010

Rob Albon wrote:

Thus far this thread has focused on translation programs, and I have mentioned one or two linguistics programs.

Does anyone know of an online MA (preferably PhD) in French offered in the U.S.?

Thanks,
Rob Albon

Hi Rob,

You may have found something already but just in case: UWM's French to English track is now entirely online. See note from the coordinator in the newsletter: http://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/mallt/news/upload/mallt_news-fall2010.pdf

I am currently taking the Graduate Certificate in Translation program, so I take the same classes as the MA students but I do 2 per semester instead of 3. Details are here:
http://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/mallt/

I find the classes relevant, challenging and taught to a high standard.
I hope that helps,

Sarah

Caroline Moreno
Caroline Moreno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:52
Chinese to English
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 2, 2011

Rob Albon wrote:

According to Milena Savona, director of the program, it will start up again in fall 2011.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update!

Caroline Moreno
Caroline Moreno  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:52
Chinese to English
+ ...
MA/MS in Chinese Translation Online? Feb 3, 2011

This is even harder to find. Does anyone know of anything like this? I haven't found anything so far...

Youssef Ahmed
Youssef Ahmed  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 03:52
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
Would you please send the link? Apr 7, 2011

Rob Albon wrote:

According to Milena Savona, director of the program, it will start up again in fall 2011.

Hi Rob,
Would you please send the link?
Thank you so much.
Yousef

Geraldine B
Geraldine B
Local time: 04:52
Help! Jul 8, 2011

Hi all,

I am currently looking into joining this profession 100%! Currently and in the past my job involved translating and interpreting, howeve it has never been my core role.
As I enjoy it so much, I feel I require formal training and qualifications to pursue this further.
Can anyone recommend a good MA in translation studies online?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Geraldine

Adriana Casas
Adriana Casas
Local time: 19:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
MA in Translation online Jan 30, 2012

Hi all,

Again I would like to jump in this topic, as I'm currently looking for a Masters in Translation (and Interpreting, if possible) but the Internet is full of the most advertised, but I doubt those are the best ones. So I would like to hear from you, if you know of good programmes.

Thank you so much!

Kimberlee Thorne
Kimberlee Thorne
United States
Local time: 18:52
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Any new leads on an online master's program in translation? Jun 29, 2012

I'm like Rob, and if possible, would like a course in the US that's accredited.

Any news out there?

Pacome AMOUSSOU
Pacome AMOUSSOU
Benin
Local time: 01:52
English to French
+ ...
Online MA in Translation (English>French) from any US university? Feb 4, 2014

Dear All,

I have noticed that this question has been asked by Rob in 2004.
I would like to know if today, such program (Online MA in translation from English to French) is offered by any US university or college.
Kindly help with any relevant information.

BR//

Ahmed Fahmy
Ahmed Fahmy
Kuwait
Local time: 03:52
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hi Christopher Jul 4, 2015

Christopher Fitzsimons wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with the MA Translation Studies (Distance Learning) at the University of Portsmouth?:
http://www.port.ac.uk/courses/coursetypes/postgraduate/MATranslationStudiesDistanceLearning/

I was also considering the MA at UWE by distance learning however the course at Portsmouth seems more appealing to me for two reasons: It would allow me to study two source languages rather than one (FR and DE in my case) and the modules seem more practical and vocational, which is what I'm looking for. I am wondering if anybody has had any experience with this university and course? The course is also offered as a PGCert/PgDip.

Did you finished your study at University of Portsmouth?

Regards

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:52
English to Thai
+ ...
The recent post Sep 13, 2015

Christopher Fitzsimons wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with the MA Translation Studies (Distance Learning) at the University of Portsmouth?:

I was also considering the MA at UWE by distance learning however the course at Portsmouth seems more appealing to me for two reasons: It would allow me to study two source languages rather than one (FR and DE in my case) and the modules seem more practical and vocational, which is what I'm looking for. I am wondering if anybody has had any experience with this university and course? The course is also offered as a PGCert/PgDip.

I met a recent post on the online program here (it can best fit the Japanese speaking students.)

BABEL UNIVERSITY Professional School of Translation Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
http://www.babel.edu/

1833 Kalakaua Avenue ♯208 PBN Bldg, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815, U.S.A.
Phone:808-946-3773/Fax:808-946-3993

Soonthon L.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone know an online master's program in translation?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »