Thread poster: Emal Ghamsharick
Emal Ghamsharick
Emal Ghamsharick  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:58
English to German
+ ...
Jul 30, 2014

Does anyone know where to find an (official) Google style guide for translations from English to German? I didn't find one on Google.
Here's a helpful one in Spanish, FYI: http://www.monicamartinez.es/GuiaEstiloGoogle.pdf

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
. Jul 30, 2014

I've worked for Google for years, and have never seen a style guide. But I'd have thought a lot of the Spanish one would also apply to German, except tu/usted would become du/Sie. If you're not sure, why don't you ask them?

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
There doesn´t exist one as yet. Jul 30, 2014

Thanks for the Spanish guide Emal. The short introduction states that, maybe, they will provide other ones in future for other languages, so it must be their first one. Perhaps you should look for one which is not by Google. If I find one I´ll post it in this forum.

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:58
Spanish to French
+ ...
Weird Jul 30, 2014

Thanks for the link.
I'm not sure I understand why an (official) Google style guide is to be found under the name of one (apparently) of its workers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking Google translation style guide for German

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »